3/22/09

My Exercise Routine

I believe that the word "moderation" has completely disappeared in our culture. We live in extremes. It's all or nothing.

In the past I was able to lose weight with moderate exercise and a reduction of calories. I've read all the books, I've tried all the types of exercises. What I have found that I will stick to (important), is gentle cardio and weights.

I've been doing a lot of thinking about this. One thing I have noticed for the last several months is my increased lack of flexibility. Because of that and sore lower back muscles, I am going to add Pilate's to my routine. When I've done that in the past it has made my core stronger and relieved my achy back.

As things change/improve, I will add in weights to increase my muscle mass.

On the sidebar, I've listed my exercise intentions. I know they are minimal, but I have to start where I can.

No comments: