3/31/09

Tuesday's Menu

Today was rough. I left the house at 7:30 and didn't get home until 4:30. I travelled to another town and hour away to have my son's homeschool evaluation done. Since we were there, we did some shopping in stores that we don't have here.

Breakfast was on track. Believe it or not, so was lunch! (Excuse me, luncheon.) The menu called for a hamburger patty on 1/2 bun and salad. That's what I ordered at the restaurant. I had two slipups, though. I accidently ordered a coke. I also drank it. I didn't feel TOO bad, though, because normally I would have eaten both pieces of the bun and ordered french fries to go with it.

The second slip up came when we got to the Dollar Tree. I love that place. I picked up a little bag of cordial cherry Kisses. It was a small bag and I SHARED, but it was still extra calories.

Despite being gone all day, I was able to prepare dinner. I did some of the prep last night (cooked the rice, cleaned the asparagus, sliced the chicken, and made the pudding).

It's cooking as I type. My calories were higher than called for, but LOWER (way lower) than normal.

I'm proud of myself for staying very close to the diet even though I was out and about.

I'll do a separate post with any needed recipes.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you find yourself hungrier than usual or did you feel satisfied with what you ate?
I'm intrigued by this experiment, I'm so glad you're blogging about it!

Roxanne said...

Excellent question! I found that I was hungry about 11:00 and was happy to have lunch at 12:00. The "pickup" of OJ was perfect around 4:30 (and did help some).

I didn't eat supper until 7:00 and was very ready. It is very nice to have dessert as a finish to dinner. I just finished dinner and I am comfortablyfull--but not stuffed.

I've also been drinking water in between meals.

So far, it has been enough food to take me near the next meal without feeling TOO hungry.

We'll see how I fare tomorrow!

Anonymous said...

Excellent! I may have to give this a try myself. Thanks!