4/1/09

I need to go shopping

Please don't hate me. I had no idea. No one ever told me. How have I ever lived this long with such a handicap?

Yes, I'm sad to report that I do not have enough individual molds, bouillon cups or custard cups. I need lots of these!!
Multiple sets of six would be nice.


The bouillon cups with handles would be divine. Custard cups should have straight sides. The molds can be all sorts of fancy shapes.
I need to remedy this deficit in my life.

Check your dish collection. Are you, too, sorely understaffed in the small bowl area?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I definitely am! They would be handy to have though...

Mrs G said...

I'd run into trouble as well. I think I may have 2 small dishes like that. I've never heard of "boullion cups" before.

Was the baked custard difficult to make?

Roxanne said...

I KNEW dieting this way would provide some fun! Diets are diets. Might as well enjoy some aspect to take your mind off of the calorie-laden foods you're doing without!

Little bowls can be very inexpensive. They have now been added to my yard sale list. (Which will be starting soon. Yay!)

I'd never heard of bouillon cups, either. Bouillon soup seems to have been another popular item then, so a cup was created. In my research I discovered that many have two handles and a saucer underneath.

The baked custard was E.A.S.Y. It had a mild "eggy" flavor, was creamy in texture and light. I will be posting some "variations" that were suggested in the book.