4/2/09

A Word about Water


"Drink all the water you wish between meals. Sipping ice water with the meals washes off taste buds and restimulates appetite."

All the water that I wish between meals. I've done fairly well. I've managed to get six glasses in on Monday and Wednesday. Since I was out all day on Tuesday I got a whole TWO. I hate to drink water when I'm traveling (that whole having-stop-a-lot problem).

In the spirit of my reasoning for choosing a 1958 book to guide my diet, I decided to make drinking the water more fun. Here's a picture of my 8 oz. water glass. I actually look forward to downing another when I see my glass!



3 comments:

Mrs G said...

I can never manage to drink enough water. I'm lucky sometimes if I get a single glass down! Coffee and tea I can manage, but water, no. Wonder why I have a problem with that?

Anonymous said...

Cute glass!
I was wondering, are you finding that you are having to throw out a lot of food? For example, I noticed that some of the meals call for rye bread. If I bought a loaf of rye bread, no one would eat it but me and I can envision having to throw most of it out...just wondering if this has happened to you with anything yet. Thanks!

Roxanne said...

Mrs. G--I would WAY rather drink sweet tea or coke than drink water. I think it's difficult because water is what we want when we feel thirsty, but flavored beverages are akin to a dessert with all the lovely flavors. I miss my sweet tea...

Klutzymama--I am finding that we have very little in the way of leftovers since the servings are so small. The only thing I've thrown out was half of my aspic. I just couldn't do it.

I confess to cheating. I didn't buy the rye bread. I compromised with pumpernickel and also bought a high fiber grainy bread.

Rye is ROUGH. Pumpernickel is tolerable. I think they were suggesting rye because it might have been more popular then. I don't think it's healthier. I'll do a post about my thoughts on that subject (popular then and now) soon.