4/11/09

I'm getting help in my endeavors

It's Easter weekend. Tomorrow we will be hiding plastic eggs (possibly in the snow!) for my son and his cousin. We bought a plastic container of jelly beans for the eggs. That's the background.

I'm in the midst of spring cleaning the kitchen. (See my "Spring Cleaning Challenge.") I decided I wanted some red jelly beans. Mmm. They were good. A few minutes later I wanted some pink ones. Equally as good. About 10 minutes later I thought I'd take another little break. What's that? The jelly bean container. Maybe this time I'll try some of the.....OW! As I slid my finger under the lid to open it, I got a cut!

I decided to stop eating the jelly beans.

This reminds of something that happened a few months ago. My husband brought home a bag of Hershey's Cordial Cherry Kisses. Oh, those things are little bites of heaven. He left them on the counter. I decided to grab a few and one fell under the dishwasher.

The dishwasher was added when we moved in NINE years ago. My husband never put a kick plate in front of the bottom, so things are always rolling under there. I reached my hand under the dishwasher to retrieve the kiss when, SNAP! Something tried to bite me!

It was an old mousetrap still set from when we had a "situation" a couple of years ago. Thankfully it got only the top of my finger rather than something worse.

I put the Kiss back in the bag.

Even the snacks are trying to help me stay on task!

2 comments:

Mrs G said...

WOW! You were lucky you didn't really hurt yourself with that mouse trap! Easter is a really bad time to try and watch what you eat ... too much chocolate around!

Sounds like you are doing a great job so far.

Roxanne said...

I knew that it came close to breaking my finger, that's for sure.

I accused my husband of setting the trap to curb my chocolate intake, but he denied it.