7/6/09

Day 1 Progress

I just wanted to check in and share my experience.
  • Exercise? Check.
  • Cocktails? Check.
  • Protein and veggie meals? Check.
  • Hard-boiled egg snack? Check.
  • Water--OH MY GOD.

I am very well acquainted with my powder room. I see all the places that need cleaning. You get to that point of familiarity when you spend amazing amounts of time in a place.

But, I'm doing it. It is 1:00 and I am working on my SEVENTH glass of water.

Tomorrow will be more difficult as my husband planned an outing with some friends to their lake cabin. I think I'm going to start on the water really early and then cut myself off about an hour before we leave. Once we're back home I'll do my best to make it up.

The food should be no problem. I'll just limit myself to--protein and veggies!

ETA: I did it! I got all the water, all the Cocktails, and the meals down. I am stuffed.

Get this: My new neighbor came to visit today. She was brandishing a plate of homemade blueberry muffins made just for us. I was gracious and appreciative. We had a lovely visit. My son ate one. I had a nibble of his. Just a nibble!

Those babies are going to work with hubby tomorrow!

2 comments:

FarmMom said...

I am glad to know the recommended water intake. I always knew that one set amount for everybody couldn't be good!!

I have read in several places that the body can absorb water at a rate of 1 oz every 15 minutes - that's about a swallow. Taking in water more slowly should help with it going right through! But in case this doesn't work for you, keep some great short articles in your "revelation room" to avert your eyes from every little dust bunny lurking around!!

Roxanne said...

Believe me, with that amount of water I AM drinking it pretty much non-stop!

I think this amount of water is specifically for detoxing, though.